Heat of Compression Dryers
- HOC dryers utilize the heat already generated by the air compression process, which is normally considered waste
- Low pressure drop desþ conserves energy by permitting the air compressor to run at lower pressures
- Highly efficient, patented stainless steel water-to-air heat exdrangers provide optimal performance
- The Standard water-cooled HOC model consumes less than 150 watts, whidr is equivalent to the energy consumed by one light bulb
HOC at work saving you energy
- Hot air from one or more compressors enters the dryer.
- Heat energy from the hot air removes moisture from the desiccant being regenerated.
- Hot air enters the heat exchanger and is cooled causing moisture to condense.
- Condensate is removed from the air through a moisture separator.
- Air flows through the drying vessel, where any remaining moisture is adsorbed by the desiccant
- Air exits through a filter providing high quality, instrument grade compressed air.
Flexibility to accommodate your application
Ingersoll Rand recognizes that each customer’s application is unique. That is why we designed our HOC dryers with flexibility to accommodate:
- Air-cooled or water-cooled applications
- Ingersoll Rand or other oil-free compressors
- Existing compressors through field upgradable/ retroflt options
The HOC dryer was also specifically designed with a low profile to facilitate ease of installation and maintenance as well as promote safety.
- Critical components are within easy reach for safe and simple maintenance
- Low overall height fits areas with low overhead clearance
Reliability you can count on
Tried-and-true components, combined with innovative tedrrology, yield reliable HOC dryers.
- High performance switdring valves are desþed for high temperature compressed air service
- Highly efficient, patented stainless steel water-to-air heat exchangers provide optimal performance under the harshest conditions
- Long lasting, high quality desiccant ensures reliable dew point performance
- No-loss drains with auto-bypass ensure condensate removal
Superior features, solid dependability
Performance. Os secadores Ingersoll Rand HOC fornecem consistentemente um ar limpo e seco para processos críticos.
- Instrument quality air for a variety of applications
- Optional advanced HOC model with Smart Control provides -40″C (-40’F) pressure dew point from 0% to 100% load
- Unique twin-cooler design minimizes dew point and temperature flucluations
- Advanced HOC model can be used with muþle compressors, resulting in a reduced footprint and lower installation costs
Full-featured controller comes standard
The new full-featured controller on Ingersoll Rand HOC dryers is user-friendly to set up and intuitive to operate.
- Interface: simple navigation, icon-based interface with backlit LCD display, integrated toucþad and multiple language
- Operation: precise control of valve positioning real-time dryer function monitoring and alarm logging
- Indicators: multi-point critical temperature tracking, maintenance alerts and key alarms
- Communications: modbus via RS-485 interface and compatibility with Ingersoll Rand system automation
How smart control works
Reliable, high quality air-lngersoll Rand Advanced HOC dryers use Smaft Control to adapt dryer operation to system and, o environmental changes, ensuring a constant -40’C (-40″F).
Smart Control continually scans environmental and system parameters and make adjustments to minimize temperature fluctuations and provide air at a constant dew point.
Why smart control
The problems created by having moisture in your compressed air system can range from an annoyance to wreaking havoc on your equÍpment and end products.
- Premature wearing and scoring of surfaces
- Rust and conosion in tools, piping and equipment
- Damaged instruments
- Spoiled paint surfaces
- Increased scrap rate
- Unsafe or unpleasant work environment