Advanced Air System Control
Energy savings – on demand!
As much as 20% to 60% of the energy used to operate compressed air systems is wasted. This is primarily due to operating more compressors than necessary, operating the wrong combination of compressors or maintaining elevated system pressure. Ingersoll Rand X8I System Automation can help reduce operating costs, while maintaining confidence in a sufficient and efficient air supply at all times.
Now you can cut operating costs with your existing equipment!
- Operate compressors only as needed, bringing standby compressors on-line incrementally during periods of increased demand.
- Dynamically match the most energy-efficient compressor or combination of compressors with compressed air demand.
- Operate one or more variable-speed compressors to minimize wasted energy due to unloaded compressor run on time or short cycle operation.
- Manage the compressed air system at your minimum required pressure without compromising the reliability of your compressed air supply.
Tailoring supply to demand
The X8I continuously monitors and “learns” the demand requirements of the system by comparing pressure dynamics with compressor operating capabilities and control reaction. Adaptive control logic and advanced control algorithms are used to implement a “best fit” compressor combination and configuration strategy. The X8I is designed to effectively and efficiently manage your air compressors’ capabilities to meet and match the dynamic demand
variations common to almost all systems.
The primary function of Energy Control Mode in Ingersoll Rand X8I System Automation is to:
- Match compressed air supply to compressed air demand, dynamically.
- Utilize the most energy-efficient combination of air compressors to satisfy that demand.
Minimize wasted energy and costs
Communication and Control at The Heart of Your Air System. Connectivity, Ingersoll Rand X8I System Automation is one air system control solution that quickly pays for itself, without compromising any of your previous compressor or air system capital investments. It is uniquely configurable and customizable to meet the specific needs of some of the most complex compressed air systems. Additionally, the X8I network can be expanded to include monitoring and control of additional compressed air system components. And beyond paying dividends in energy savings, it also provides ancillary savings in terms of labor, maintenance and resource utilization – here’s how:
Versatile Networking. Manages up to eight positive displacement air compressors from any manufacturer, located up to 4,000 feet away from the controller!
Energy Control Mode. Adaptive control logic dynamically selects and utilizes the most efficient set of compressors to meet air system demands.
Anti-cycling. Continuous monitoring of system pressure and rate-of-change; uses advanced control algorithms to prevent unnecessary compressor cycling.
Single-point Control. Manage multiple compressors to one optimal control band or target.
Priority Compressor Selection. Minimize energy use by programming units or groups for optimum utilization and/or operations planning – including equalized usage.
Custom Pressure Selection. Four programmable pressure profiles – optimize system operation for specific production requirements.
Controlled Operations. Fully-adjustable time parameters help implement smooth, controlled schedule changes from one “target” pressure level to another.
Real-time System Scheduling. Configure control features including system standby and system prefill based on a real-time schedule.
Network Expandability. Integrate new compressors and distributed control through networked, intelligent I/O.
Easy Set-up/Operation. Improve your ability to optimize air system savings with an intuitive graphical interface for configuration and system information.
X-Series System Visualization
A better way to view your system
Simply add a VX module to any X8I or X12I network, complete some basic configuration, connect to your Local Area Network (LAN) or directly to a PC and view your compressed air system on your computer monitor. No special software is required.
With X-Series System Visualization you can monitor critical system and equipment parameters, drill down to individual compressors to view operational status and be alerted to any alarm messages. Complete system viewing from a local or remote PC has never been easier.
X-Series System benefits
- Convenient remote view of system and equipment status
- Critical parameter monitoring and fault notification
- Parameter graphing and trending
- System performance reporting and operating summaries
- Historical event recording
- Equipment maintenance scheduler
- Easy connection to the X-Series control network
- No special software to buy or maintain
Max. # Units
13.4” x 9.45” x 6.0”340 mm x 241 mm x 152 mm
16.5 lbs (7.5 kg)
Wall, 4 x screw fixings
IP65, NEMA 4
230 VAC +/- 10% (50 Hz)115 VAC +/- 10% (60 Hz)
32°F to 115°F (0°C to 46°C)
0% to 95% Rh Non-condensing